Office.com/Setup – Microsoft Office suite is the productivity suite or in other words it can be defined as package of software that includes various services, applications and servers in it. Microsoft has released various versions of Office productivity suite and each version consists of many advanced features that make it much better than the previous one.
Some of the MS Office productivity suites are as follows:
Office Setup 365: One of the latest versions of MS Office having various products and services like Outlook Mail, Exchange, Skype for Business and many more. This version is compatible with the Operating system like Windows (64-bit and 32-bit), mac OS, Android and iOS.
Office Setup 2010: This Office version has been equipped with various new features that include artistic graphical effects, document co-authoring, supportive to various file formats and many more.
Office Setup 2013: This Office version is compatible with the operating system like Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008 R2. The Office version is available for IA-32, x64 and ARM platforms. This Office setup version has been equipped with various new features like flatter ribbon look, remodeled start screen, new graphical options and many more. Also this version is more cloud based than the previous ones.
Office Setup 2016: This Office version is the most latest and trending version that consists of various new features like Retina Display, updated user interface and many more. This Office version is separately available for Windows and macOS.
To enjoy the features of the Microsoft Office setup, the users need to follow three processes mentioned below in the orderly manned:
How to Download Microsoft Office Setup?
Downloading is the first step and refers to the process of retrieving the data or files over a remote system like FTP server and many more, required to run the software on the device, properly. The users can download Office setup by using two modes i.e. Online and Offline mode.
Now, follow the steps mentioned below to download the MS Office setup to the device via Online Mode:
- Visit the official website of the Office.com/Setup.
- Now, tap the “Shop Office Product” option.
- The users will be directed to the “Shop Office Products” page that displays all the Office productivity suite
- On this page, browse for the Office setup product that best meet the requirements of the users, either manually or use the search bar at the top of the page.
- Now, before clicking the “Download” button, ensure that the productivity package is compatible with the system of the users.
- For ensuring this, go through the product details that contain the information about all the compatible systems.
- Once ensured the compatibility of the package with the system, click the “Buy Now and Download” button displayed just below the software package.
- Now, the users will be asked to either sign in to the Microsoft Office account or create a new one, for continuing with the payment process.
- After signing to the account, enter the details of the debit/credit cards that the users want to use for making the payments. The users may choose another mode of payments like PayPal.
- On completing the payment process, a link will be send to the email address of the users by which they can easily download the setup to the device.
- The setup will be downloaded directly to the “Downloads” folder (by default) of the computer unless the location is changed by the users.
Now, follow the steps mentioned below to download the MS Office setup to the device via Offline Mode:
- Insert the Office setup CD package in the CD/DVD drive.
- Explore it to install the software package on to the device.
How to Install Microsoft Office Setup?
Installation is the second step that refers to the process of making the software ready for execution on the device by installing all the required files and drivers downloaded in the software setup.
- Explore the “Downloads” folder of the computer or the location where the Office setup has been downloaded.
- Now, double-click the Office setup .exe file and then, click the “Run” option when prompted.
- And then, click the “Next” option twice, when prompted.
- In the last page, terms and conditions are displayed, read these and mark the “I Agree” checkbox as an indication of agreement to the mentioned terms.
- Now, wait till the installation process gets completed.
- At the end, click the “All Done” button.
How to Activate the Microsoft Office Setup?
Activation is the third and the most important step, referring to the process of proving that the software is legitimately installed. For activating the software, the users require a product that is made available to the users in the following two forms mentioned below:
- In the inner circles of the Office CD package (Offline mode)
- In the confirmation email of the Office subscription package (Online mode)
This product key is use to certify that the copy of the software to be original and also checks that the authorized users or organizations are utilizing the software to avoid the fraud use of the it.
Now, to activate the office productivity suite installed on the device, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click the “Start” button on the taskbar.
- And then, select “All Programs” option. A menu box will appear on the screen.
- From this menu box, click the Microsoft Office folder and launch any of the application like MS Word, MS Excel and so on.
- When the users launch the application for first time then the users will be asked to activate the Office productivity suite.
- Now, click the “Activate” option.
- And then, enter the product key in the space provided in the widow appeared on the screen.
- After entering the product key, click “Continue” option.
- At last, click “All Done”.